Blog Theme

Friday, July 29, 2011

Sugar Cookies & the Cricut Cake

Wednesday night after work I raced to a local store that was advertising the Expression sized Cricut Cake machine for WAY super reasonable. (I should say that I am a Cricut junkie...) So after some serious justification on my part, and a careful explanation for WHY exactly it is that I NEED yet ANOTHER machine that does essentially the SAME thing that the other two do, only a LITTLE bit different, my husband said "if you need it, then get it". I was over the moon all day long, chomping at the bit for the workday to end so I could go and get my new toy.

I haven't exactly used it yet, but I'm planning to this weekend...we're going to see how well this machine cuts sugar cookie dough and fondant. I am SO excited. I've never had especially good luck with baking sugar cookies, they are like my arch nemesis, however I need them to complete a baby shower I'm working on, so I spent some time this week doing some research. Research on HOW to determine the cookies are done BEFORE they are burned, because that is a very fine line with sugar cookies. Techniques for getting them frosted oh so perfectly, I rock a frosting bag/tips on cakes, but I haven't used Royal Icing before. Researching recipes for the best sugar cookie ever and really great icing.

So Sunday afternoon we are going to get our Cricut Cake on! I'll take some pictures and report back with my Cricut Junkie review of the Cricut Cake machine. Was it money well spent, or is it going on Craigslist?

~Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment