Blog Theme

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Better late than never?

So my last post is almost two years old....I can't believe how time has FLOWN by.  I do however have a review to write, so here it is:

I found a recipe that was on the Cricut website that claimed improved compatibility for use with the Cricut Cake Machine.  I followed the instructions and rolled the cookie dough out to 1/8" thick, and very carefully applied shortening to the cutting mat.  I then put the cookie dough on the mat, and loaded it into the machine.  I chose my shape (A Frog from the Create a Critter Cartridge), picked a size (4") and pushed "cut".  The machine gets to work.  The edges of the shape were jagged and rough.  I was not impressed with the end result after baking.  Clean up of the actual machine was not difficult, the mat however cracked during cleaning and was rendered useless.

This was the one and only time the Cricut Cake machine was used.  I carefully stored it in my kitchen for the next 18 months or so, and eventually put it on Craigslist.  Apparently Cricut also decided that the Cake Machine wasn't a lucrative option, as they quit making the Expression sized one, and the Cricut Cake Mini is not heavily promoted.

Until next time,

Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment