Blog Theme

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Small Dreams?


I think not! Two years or so ago I had the option of choosing a FREE Stampin' Up! Decor Elements from their catalog at the time. I chose a medium sized, black lettered saying that says "We are too great for small dreams" because I felt if nothing else, it would encourage my kids to think big right? It stayed in the cardboard tube for far too long, and after purchasing some 8"x8" mirrors at Home Depot, I finally had an idea of where I wanted the saying to go, however we rent our house. I didn't want to put it on the actual wall, because I'd like to be able to take it with me when we move. With a new found mission, I headed to Ikea for a mirror, shelf, magnetic board, anything that suited this quote...what I found was a LOT of different choices, and I initially settled on a basic full length mirror with a pine frame, a frame I was going to have to paint. Happy with my choice I set out towards the checkout lanes, and then I seen it a bevel edged, mostly full length, decorative mirror. It was PERFECT and required NO painting...I was in LOVE! I immediately scooped up the very heavy mirror and headed for the checkout lanes.

Once I got home, I realized that the initial place I was going to put this was not going to work, it wasn't a large enough space, in all fairness it wouldn't have worked with the other mirror I had picked out either. In the process of applying the vinyl to the front of the mirror (what a pain in the neck) I determined that I really wanted it above my entertainment center, which is probably the MOST difficult place to get to in my entire house. I grabbed a kitchen chair and Jim grabbed the ladder, he made a wiser decision...and we measured the wall to find the center point. Armed with a pencil I began marking up the wall with the center point, and then the distance from the center in order to hang the brackets, and even though I did all of that...I'm pretty sure that it's still not centered on the wall, I need to break out the tape measure again. Overall though, I'm happy with the outcome.

Looking around, my living room contains a lot of black, my couch and loveseat are black, the coffee table is black, the entertainment center is black, the shelves above it are black, the picture frames are black...I need some throw pillows to add some color. I just need to figure out WHAT color :)


No comments:

Post a Comment